Friday 3 January 2014

A Few Make Up Favourites

Happy New Year! Here are a few of my favourite make up products of 2013.

First of all I'm gonna start off with lip balm, I'm not sure it counts as make up but it goes hand in hand really so that's why I have included it anyway. Burt's Bees is one of my favourite brands for things such as moisturisers and hand creams, and I absolutely  love the lip balms, I have been using them for years and they moisturise my lips perfectly.

I find that concealers can be a difficult product to get right sometimes, either they don't have enough coverage or the consistency can be too thick. I don't think it would surprise anyone that the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer is my favourite. It really is most people's choice when looking for a very affordable concealer. It is great for under eye circles.
I think this is another product that is a pretty predictable favourite. The Rimmel Stay Matte powder, it is extremely light on your skin and stays for hours on end. I think it is the best powder I have tried for getting rid of shine.
As far as mascara goes I like something that doesn't clump at all and looks pretty natural. That's why I really like the Maybelline Falsies mascara. The shape of the wand is great and it never clumps. It is also pretty waterproof and stays for ages. I find it makes my lashes look longer and more defined without looking too fake.
With foundation, I like a product that looks natural but has fairly good coverage. The L'oreal Nude Magique Eau De Teint is perfect for me, it is very light and smooth on my skin and looks pretty natural as well. Applying it is extremely easy as it isn't thick at all.
I only started to use primer fairly recently, but I find it makes quite a lot of difference. My favourite one so far is this Revlon Photoready primer, the pump makes it easy to use and one applied is it smooth and makes it much easier to apply make up, it also makes my make up stay put for much longer.
I wear eyeliner all the time, and I have tried out so many different products. At the moment this one is by far my favourite, I like pen eyeliners because it is so easy to apply. This Maybelline New York Master Precise Liquid eyeliner is great because it doesn't smudge too easily and stays on for hours.


Lily x

No comments:

Post a Comment