Friday 10 January 2014

Big 'Ole Winter & Party Fashion Faves

ELLA
                                                           


WINTER FAVOURITES
Coat - Vintage
Top - H&M
Skirt - Vintage
Headband - Urban outfitters
Shoes - Vans

This is a lovely outfit to wear out and about when its chillythe oversized coat keeps me nice an snuggly so I can wear my cute little velvet pencil skirt. The jumpers nice and plain and though I don't normally go for pink I'm totally getting into it - it's great for wearing with casual light jeans. My personal fave out of all this is the woolly headband, I've just discovered them along with fur ones and I highly recommend to anyone who gets cold ears.


 








Coat - Vintage
Top - Urban Outfitters
Skirt - Urban Outfitters
Headband - Urban outfitters
So I'm basically wearing the whole store.
This outfit is a little more sophisticated, and the coat is simply royal. It was a random buy but this is the coat that beats all coats, I love it.
The top is a fox print, slightly cropped shirt, though from far away I admit the foxs look a bit like carrots (nothing wrong with that) its great close up and is such a lovely colour.
The skirt. Oh the skirt. This is one of my best 2013 buys, you may not be able to tell but its black velvet with a polka dot pattern and to top it off the spots sparkle! its great and goes with anything. 
<3                                                                    


PARTY FAVOURITES
Top: Urban Outfitters (little bit obsessive at the moment)
Skirt: Urban Outfitters

Okay, so I think I've mentioned Clueless before but this top also reminds me of the exercise outfit Cher wears and is totally 90's. The back detail is really intimate, showing a cheeky bit of skin and the colour is really nice - it doesn't wash me out because its more creamy than white. Unfortunately this presents a problem: Bras
I happen to like wearing them but if you are confident enough not to wear one then you are on your way. 
Now the sparkly skirt returns for this outfit as it goes nicely, is figure hugging and it's always nice to add a bit of sparkle!


 







Dress: ebay (originally H&M)

I obviously have the best party moves.

Where the other ensemble was rather
understated, this one certainly isn't. The sequins shine blue or green depending on the light and all heads do turn when you walk in. It's a little bit amazing. It's VERY short and figure hugging so I've labelled it parties only but I think it could be dressed down with various layers. I found this second hand on ebay as H&M have discontinued it, but finding a similar dress isn't hard, ASOS have a nice collection. Trust me, you are not doing parties properly until you have got your sequins on.







 





LILY
WINTER FAVOURITES
Coat: Urban Outfitters
Shirt: Urban Outfitters
Jeans: Topshop
Boots: Dr Martens

I wear this outfit quite a lot simply because it is easy and practical. I got the coat a few months ago and am very much in love with it, I love the way it looks and it is so warm too. I am big on wearing shirts and this is one of my favourites, I love the pattern on it and the material is really nice. Black high waisted skinny jeans are definitely a wardrobe staple, they are comfortable, and versatile, and really require minimum effort to look nice. Finally my beloved Dr Martens, they are so comfortable and practical I don't know what I would do without them (slight over exaggeration, only slight). 




PARTY FAVOURITES
Shirt: H&M
Crop Top: Urban Outfitters
Skirt: ASOS but originally River Island.
Tights: New Look

I wear quite a lot of black, and this outfit is no exception. I think it looks quite formal and sophisticated, I especially like the skirt because I love maxi skirts and the sparkles and split up the leg make this skirt perfect for parties. I also like the way the crop top looks under the shirt, you could go with just a black bra under this shirt but I generally don't. The tights are optional but I think they look nice with this outfit, and they at least make you look a bit less cold which is always a plus (right?!).







Dress: ASOS but originally from Lipsy.

I love sparkles, there is just something about the way they look when the light hits them that I find completely memorising and impressive. So this dress is basically great, it is short but not too short and the material is light and stretchy so it is great for moving around in. This dress just feels quite wintery and was perfect to wear to christmas parties. It also goes along with my trend or generally wearing black but the sparkles add a touch of glamour and fancieness to this dress. An outfit with this also requires basically no extra effort because it is quite a statement dress so wearing a plain jacket and tights with it still looks pretty dressed up.


xox

2 comments:

  1. Really like this post & your outfits here, Lily glad to hear you love that print on your shirt, it's one of mine & I can safely say it took FOREVER to draw out! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Wow that's amazing, its so pretty, definitely one of my favourites!
      Lily xx

      Delete